we found Mexican food. & it was yum. They lost a lot of points though because you don’t get unlimited free chips & salsa. I know, right. What kinda Mexican place was this?!? Food was good though & margaritas were a little pricey. I miss Chevy’s happy hour. On Wednesday at oh about 8pm we decided that we were going to Malaysia at 6am on Thursday. No real plan, just that the destination was Tioman Islands. Bus, train, another bus, taxi, & ferry ride later we got there. Before I start writing about the amazingly wonderful time I had I’ll tell you about the actual journey. As soon as you get into Malaysia you know you’re there. Not in a bad way, just in the way that it’s very different from Singapore. We’ll just say that Singapore has very high standards. It was nice to be in a country where you’re allowed to buy & chew gum! That was nice. The driving however, not so nice. Basically it’s like being in a race… first one there wins. Don’t mind the oncoming car coming towards you or the 2 feet distance between you & the car you’re following. Besides that the scenery was all verrry green. And the cemeteries look really cool… decorative I guess. the island came to view & this is what we saw: tropical rainforest, clear blue water, & little beach bungalows. It was going to be a good weekend. That nite we had dinner on the beach, literally in the sand. I’d also like to input here that in large contrast to Singapore, Malaysia has cheap booze. Real cheap. After dinner a few of the locals hung out with us & started singing songs & playing guitar. These other guys, which I like to call the Italian Sugar Daddies, hung out too- like all weekend haha. Everything so far seemed too good to be true. Like things were too perfect. I kept waiting for zombies to come out of the forest… or it to turn out like Jurassic Park or something. The next day we went on a snorkeling trip to another little island. The fish are not shy at all, & it’s kinda scaries at first cause they get all up in your business. I felt like a mermaid. Then we went around the other side and saw the most beautiful beach I’d ever seen. Fer real. I just wanted to sit in the boat & stare. For a little I just rolled around in the sand because it was so soft, like flour. Then I went into the water & played with the fish. Sand, fish, repeat. The next few days were a blur because you kinda lose sense of time when you’re livin the dream. But there was a lot of laying on the beach, eating, sleeping, hanging out at the one bar. Also there were a ton of cats everywhere, which was gross but a little sad at the same time. & there were these HUGE lizards. Little baby dinosaurs basically. They were really ugly & scary looking. We didn’t get a chance to go on an adventure through the jungle tho… maybe next time! I had such an amazing time. & decided that if I fail at life I can move there and never wear shoes or wash my hair ever and be really tan. But we’ll see.
Monday, August 18, 2008
y-e-s. yes.
by the way beer 4 for 10 ringgits (malay money) = roughly 70 cents a beer. niice.
Posted by my name is syn at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"For a little I just rolled around in the sand"
For a little? There´s no sand left on the beach now
you must´ve been rolling in the sand a hundred times...
hahaha
I know I probably know everything already but I STILL WANNA READ ABOUT IIIIIIIT!! Come on! It´s been weeeeeeeeeeeeeeks.. :D
Post a Comment